Strawbery Banke Gingerbread House Contest Returns
Take part in a sweet local tradition. Strawbery Banke will be decked in holiday splendor during the month of December, and homemade gingerbread houses will be on display during Candlelight Stroll evenings (Dec 6-7, 13-14, and 20-21) and during Holiday House Tours (weekdays Dec 8-31, 10:00 – 3:30).
Local individuals, groups, and families are invited to enter the Gingerbread House Contest. There is no charge to enter, and as a thanks for participating, each entry receives two free passes to the Candlelight Stroll.
• Eligibility: The contest is open to all entrants in three categories:
• Entries must be registered by Friday, November 21. To register, just send an email with your name, address, daytime and evening phone, email address, and category (family, youth group, or adult) to Michelle Moon at firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Entries must be delivered to Strawbery Banke between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM on Thursday, December 4.
• Entries must be built on a sturdy base no more than 2’ x 2 (24” on a side). Please be sure base is durable and can be moved. Plywood, cutting boards, and cookie sheets make good bases. No cardboard.
• Electric lighting is permitted (no battery lighting). Please be sure power cord extends at least 4’ from base in order to reach power supply.
• Entries must be made of edible materials, excluding base and any lighting.
• By entering the contest, you authorize Strawbery Banke to use images of your completed work in promotional materials.
• One prize will be awarded in each category. Judging is by open balloting during the six nights of Candlelight Stroll (Dec. 6-7, 13-14, and 20-21
• Entries must be picked up on Monday, December 22 by 5 PM. Any houses unclaimed after that day will be disposed of.
For additional information, email email@example.com.