2010 Summer Markets
In this region, we were lucky to have ready access to locally produced food all winter long. Now the summer farmers’ markets have started, and most will run through September or October.
Have you been to a farmers’ market yet? The vendors being a lot more than just vegetables! You can find seedlings, full-grown flower and herb plants, meats, eggs, maple syrup, honey, goat’s milk soap, cheese and yogurt, crafts, and even fruit in season! Every location has different vendors, so check out the link for your local market before you stop by, or just come on down and see what they have to offer.
- May 1 – Portsmouth Farmers’ Market, Saturdays, 8 am–1 pm, 1 Junkins Ave., Portsmouth
- May 2 – Newburyport (MA) Farmers’ Market, Sundays, 9 am–1 pm, Tannery Marketplace, Newburyport, Mass.
- May 6 – Exeter Farmers’ Market, Thursdays, 2:30–6 pm, Swazey Parkway, Exeter
- May 27 – Northwood Farmers’ Market, Thursdays, 3–6:30 pm, Junction of Route 4 & Route 202A & 43, Northwood
- June 7 – Durham Farmers’ Market, Mondays, 2:15–5:30 pm, Pettee Brook Lane (Pettee Brook parking lot), Durham
- June 8 – Hampton Farmers’ Market, Tuesdays, 3–6 pm, 289 Lafayette Rd/Route 1 (Sacred Heart Church parking lot), Hampton, NH
- June 9 – Dover Farmers’ Market, Wednesdays, 2:15–6:00 pm, corner of Central Ave. and Sixth St. (parking lot of the new Dover Chamber of Commerce), Dover
- June 19 – Newmarket Farmers’ Market, Saturdays, 9 am to 1 pm, 5 Granite Street (Stone Church), Newmarket
- June 26 – Wentworth Greenhouses Farmers’ Market, Saturdays, 10 am–2 pm, 141 Rollins Road, Rollinsford (parking lot)
For More Information
Want to know which vendors are scheduled to be at the market, check a venue address, or get directions? Go straight to the source!
- Newburyport (MA) Farmers’ Market
- Newmarket Farmers’ Markets at Stone Church
- Northwood Farmers’ Market
- Wentworth Greenhouses (Rollinsford) Farmers’ Markets
- Rye Farmers’ Markets
- Sanford (ME) Farmers’ Market
- Seacoast Growers Association (Dover, Durham, Exeter, Hampton, and Portsmouth summer markets)
Looking a bit farther afield, or haven’t found the information you need yet? Try these resources!
- Seacoast Harvest: A Local Food Guide (a seachable guide to producers in Rockingham, Strafford, and York Counties)
- NH farmers’ markets (NH Dept. of Agriculture list)
- NH Farmer’s Markets Association
- Maine Federation of Farmers’ Markets (MFFM)
- Maine farmers’ markets (MFFM list)
- Local Harvest (farm and market listings nationwide, but largely on the U.S. East Coast)
Know of another market than should be added to this list? Please Contact Us by e-mail with the details and an online source where we can verify the information. Thanks!