Edible Garden Tour: The Gala
Saturday August 10 from 4:30 – 7pm
Kittery Point, ME
Hosted at a magnificent ocean-side estate in Kittery Point ME, Slow Food Seacoast invites you to join us for a summer evening strolling the grounds and gardens of this beautiful home. Enjoy local, seasonal fare prepared by the Green Monkey Restaurant and the music of jazz guitarist Bryan Bergeron-Killough.
The chefs at Green Monkey are committed to using sustainably caught local seafood and locally grown produce at their restaurant, and are going to be featuring the freshest and most delicious foods available for the Gala. The evening features numerous tastings, hors d’oeurves and beverages.
To tantalize your tastebuds, here’s a partial menu:
- Summer rolls with Lilly’s rat-tail radish, bergamot petals and Thai chili peach sauce
- Curried chicken confit cups with tomato and pepper jam, nasturtium pistou and shaved fennel salad
- Summer savory steak kebabs, damson plums, heirloom tomatoes
- Chili braised pork belly taco, watermelon cucumber slaw and pineapple mint chimichurri
- Lemon curd ginger pastry cream topped with blueberry relish, crispy fried thyme and crystallized ginger
Chef Taylor Miller will be on site, offering a cooking demonstration as part of the evening’s offerings. The demo will feature scallops and the local “catch of the day”.
Tickets for the Gala include the Saturday evening garden social AND admission to the Sunday Edible Tour and are $55.00/$45.00 for members of sponsoring organizations.
Tickets are also available at these ticket outlets, with cash or check only:
- Rolling Green Nursery, Greenland – thru Friday 8/9
- Strawbery Banke Museum Visitor’s Center – all weekend
- Wentworth Greenhouses, Rollinsford – thru Friday 8/9
The Gala is hosted at a beautiful home with extraordinary gardens and the entire event will be outdoors. Please wear comfortably dressy attire with appropriate shoes for walking the grounds. In the case of potentially inclement weather, a tent will be provided.
In order to preserve the privacy of the Edible Garden Tour and Gala garden owners, we are not releasing the addresses until the day of the event. IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THE GALA, all guests will be asked to park at the First Congregational Church of Kittery Point at 23 Pepperrell Road, Kittery Point, Maine. A shuttle will take you to the Garden Gala. Gala attendees will receive their garden tour guide books Saturday night.