Barrington Natural Heritage and Agriculture Fair, 8/28-29
WHAT: 2nd [Annual?] Barrington Natural Heritage and Agriculture Fair
WHEN: Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29, 10 am to 4 pm (rain or shine!)
WHERE: Warren Farm, 30 Warren Road, Barrington, NH
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Barrington Natural Heritage and Agriculture Fair website
The 2nd [Annual?] Barrington Natural Heritage and Agriculture Fair will be held on August 28 and 29 from 10 am to 4 pm (rain or shine!) at Warren Farm, a full-time working farm in Barrington, NH.
Start the day with a hayride on a wagon pulled by an old-fashioned mule team from the parking area to the fairground! The Barrington Recreation Department will host family-oriented old-time games, and local farmers will show off their animals and be available to answer your questions. Purchase local goods at the on-site farmer’s market featuring high-end local artisans, maple ice cream and maple cotton candy from Sugarmomma’s Maple Farm, breads and other goodies from Forty-Five Market Street Bakery, breakfast and lunch foods from Figtree Café, fresh fish sandwiches from Seaport Fish, and more. Local musicians will be playing for the crowd on both days.
A few more highlights are scheduled:
- John Carroll, famed advocate and author of local agriculture, will speak at 12 noon on Saturday.
- Scott Young will lead nature walks on the 244-acre farm at 1 pm both days. Learn about turtles, frogs, snakes, dragonflies, birds, and more!
- Beekeeper Amy Antonucci will talk about her work with bees on Sunday.
- Peter Yarenski and friends will play fiddle music and jam with other local musicians on Sunday.
- Many educational booths will inspire and propel you towards community sustainability!
The fair organizers need VOLUNTEERS to help before and during the fair (setup, parking) and afterward (cleanup). If you would like to help put on a great local event, contact Heather Warren.
ALSO, Amy Pollard would love to have VOLUNTEERS join her at the Slow Food Seacoast table to talk to fairgoers about good, clean, and fair food. If you can spare an hour or a few, please email Slow Food Seacoast with “I Want to Volunteer” in the subject line.
See you there!